A friend of mine sent me a game to continue and seeing as I’m lacking things to write about lately I’ll indulge. I have to write five things about myself that most people won’t know and then tag another five bloggers.
- When I was 16 I walked/hitch-hiked about 290 miles across England to get to the Krishnamurti Foundation in Brockwood, Hampshire, intending to live out my days in calmness by working for room and board, and was promptly turned down at the door. It was still an achievement.
- I have lost every fight (with fists) that I have ever had in my life. Not for lack of trying though. I was always totally outnumbered but didn’t manage to single-handedly re-enact Thermopylae.
- For a short time I thought I might have been bisexual.
- When I was younger I used to be a full blown member of the Salvation Army, confirmed, band-member, scout, sunday-school suck-up — the lot. I’m not ashamed. I actually don’t remember enjoying or understanding the hymns or the religious aspects, just the community spirit and feeling important to people. Side secret – from Sunday school I found that I am a excellent water-cress and mustard seed grower. I won that competition frequently.
- I have claimed that my relatives have become sick/died several times over in order to get a day off work, and even perpetrated the lie on returning to work by appearing to be upset/morose for extended periods of time. Of this I am not proud, but it was necessary at the time. The bed was just too comfy.
I’ve realized that I don’t know the required five bloggers to tag onwards, so these will have do: